Are you tired of your old rubber garden hose? It seems like these relics of the past just won’t stop weighing you down. They’re springing leaks, kinking up, and making your life harder.
Your conventional garden hose could be adding extra hours of work into your household chores.
After all, you have to manhandle the thing over to the garden, drag it back, and struggle to coil it up when you’re done — sound tiring? It is.
What if there was a solution to your problem?
Well, there is. And many homeowners across the country have come to rely on it while doing outdoor work.
It’s called the expandable hose, or pocket hose.
This baby is made of flexible tubing rather than thick rubber. The tough outer layer protects against outside elements, while the more delicate inner layer inflates when filled with water. This expands the hose two or three times its original length.
That makes it much more portable. You can carry the lightweight hose anywhere in your yard, and when you finish for the day, the hose will drain out and coil back up all by itself. It’s also easier to store because it’s smaller.
Starting to see the merits of an expandable hose? We thought so. But you can’t just purchase any hose and expect magic. You need to know the best expandable hose on the market today.
How We Choose Our Ratings for Best Expandable Hose
There are many expandable hoses, all claiming to be the best – the most convenient – the answer to all your gardening prayers. But they aren’t, and you know that.
That’s why you’re reading this guide to discover which is the best one — and we applaud you for that.
So, how do we choose our ratings?
We examine several key factors to determine which hose is worth your while, and which ones you should leave behind in the dust. Here’s what we look at:
The most important thing of all is that the hose functions exactly as advertised, in a way convenient to the user. We’ll examine just how well it works, and see if it lives up to its claims.
These hoses come with a wide array of prices. Some of them are a deal, and some of them are a steal — with you on the receiving end of the robbery. Is it worth the money you have to pay for it? We’ll report the truth.
What have other buyers had to say about this hose? We’ll delve deep into real customer reviews, so you know exactly what you’re getting.
Top 8 Best Expandable Hoses on the Market
Are you ready to hear about the top nine expandable garden hoses on the market? Let’s go.
- MAKE YOUR WATERING SIMPLE AND EFFICIENT with the Hospaip water hose: we designed and manufactured the hose used only high-quality, sturdy, modern materials, made it quite functional, lightweight, flexible and long enough to make it easy and convenient for maneuvering around the garden, even when full of water
- INCREDIBLE DURABILITY - no more leaks, tear or cracks: solid 3/4 Inches brass connectors, rubber washer, double latex pipe, sturdy on/off valve, zinc alloy spray nozzle, extra-flexible 3750D polyester fabric cover; the hose can withstand water pressure 3-12 Bar and temperature 41℉-113℉ - this garden hose for long-term use
- FLEXIBLE DESIGN - this expandable hose starts out from 17 Feet; when the water is turned on the hose quickly expands up to 3 times in length (50 Feet) with the water pressure (3-12 Bar) and returns in minutes to its original length when the water is out. Just make sure there is enough water pressure to expand the hose
You’d be hard-pressed to do better than the Hospaip expandable hose. Its solid brass connectors, double latex piping, and a sturdy zinc alloy spray nozzle all work together to ensure durability.
You’ll love the flexibility this hose affords you. Starting at just 17 feet, the hose expands to 50 feet when filled — that’s nearly three times the original length. This hose is built to withstand temperatures from 41 to 113 degrees Fahrenheit, so you’ll be able to use it for most any purpose.
Customers loved the quality and functionality of the hose. They claim it’s easy to use when you need it, yet folds up effortlessly out of sight when you don’t. The price tag is totally worth it.
We give this product 5 stars for affordability, durability, and functionality.
- EXPANDS TO 50 FEET: The hose is smaller than traditional hoses but has expanding abilities up to 50 ft, which means it's portable and easier to store and shrinks for your hook or reel (included).
- BONUS 2 MULTIPURPOSE NOZZLES & SHUT OFF VALVE: Cover every inch of your garden and home with spray gun for higher water pressure to make washing cars, garage and watering plants so easy.
- EASY STORAGE & REEL INCLUDED: Make your life easier, save time with no tangles so you easily store your hose and can spend more time doing the things you love.
If you’re looking for an easy-to-use, functional hose at a great price, look no further than the Treeco. This loveable garden companion expands up to 50 feet and weighs less than three pounds. That makes it ultra-functional, as you can lug this lightweight little hose anywhere you want.
The 3-layer triple-protected latex hose comes with a storage wheel and two nozzles for controlled spraying. The nozzles even include higher-pressure spray setting, so you can easily wash the driveway or your car.
If you do have any major problems with this hose, feel free to contact the manufacturer. The 12-month warranty covers many problems, making the price tag more than worth it for your peace of mind.
We give this product 5 stars for convenience and dependability.
- SPACE-EFFICIENT! Unlike other garden hoses Sicall expanding garden hose starts out 17 Feet and expands hose 50 feet. With Solid water pressure, but returns in seconds to 17 Feet after water is out!
- JUST TO MAKE LIFE MUCH EASIER! This newly designed expandable water hose will Never tangle, twist, or kink, flexible and easy to handle and to storage!
- BONUS ADD IN! This high standard expandable hose comes with a high quality spray nozzle with 8 adjustable patterns and ALL brass connectors, excellent corrosion resistance and durable quality!
The Sicall expandable hose is a great choice for those in need of a 50-foot hose length. Like other expandable hoses, the Sicall functions beautifully. Coil and wrinkle-free, it’s a breeze to use — but the Sicall has something else up its sleeve.
This hose is designed to withstand pressures of up to 145 PSI, making it ideal for washing the driveway or your car. Despite the strength of the hose, it still weighs in at just 3 pounds.
The manufacturer guarantees success with a 12-month warranty, making it well worth the money you’ll shell out for it. The hose comes with all the parts, plus a rack for storage when not in use.
We give this hose 5 stars for its extra abilities and a good price.
This expandable hose from Joey's Garden is the best hose for smaller areas. It expands up to 25 feet, making it shorter than most. However, it’s more convenient for a smaller yard to have a hose which fits its size.
Joey’s is a strong, easy-to-use, and durable product which won’t let you down. It weighs in at 2.5 pounds, which is ultra-lightweight for a regular hose, but on par with a longer expandable hose.
Joey’s Garden Hose is multi-purpose, coming with an 8-setting spray nozzle for all your needs. You can do anything from washing your dog to washing your driveway with these settings.
You’ll pay around $30 for this hose, and receive a 1-year manufacturer’s warranty for your purchase. Customers reported it’s easy to cash in on the warranty, and customer service is a breeze to deal with.
We give this product 5 stars for strength, usability, and good customer service.
The 50-foot expandable hose by Uvistare is perfect for heavy-duty and commercial use as well as home usage. You can also buy the same hose at 100 feet, if that better suits your personal needs.
This hose is flexible, durable, and strong. Its triple-latex core, solid brass fittings, and durable outer layer mean that you can use this baby anytime, anywhere, for pretty much any purpose.
Uvistare is a young company that’s eager to build its reputation in the community. Customers raved about the great service they received when they did have problems with the hose, claiming the company was prompt to respond and quick to find a solution.
The hose is a great bargain. You’ll pay around $30 for 100 feet or about $15 for 50 feet. It’s truly a price to remember. Uvistare also offers a 2-year guaranteed warranty.
We give this product 5 stars for flexibility, functionality, and amazing customer service.
- 【BONUS 10 FT ADD IN LENGTH】: Sunflora 2019 new upgraded free kink garden hose can expand up to 60 feet. Compared with regular 50' expandable garden water hose, it’s rather practical in some states with low water pressure especially. You may use the 60' flexible garden hose to finish your watering even though there are not enough water pressure in your area.
- 【UPGRADED EXPANDABILITY & FLEXIBILITY】: Sunflora no-kink garden water hoses expandable start out 20ft, and expand 3 times of its original length when filled with water. Then returns to 20ft without water pressure in seconds.
- 【9-PATTERN ROTATING WATER HOSE NOZZLE】: Including multiple adjustable watering patterns- cone, shower, mist, full, center, angle, flat and so on. You can choosing different pattern to clean your pets or car by revolving nozzle as well.
The Sunflora expandable hose is a unique product. Instead of the standard hose length (usually 50, 75, or 100 feet), this hose expands to 60 feet. That gives you an extra 10 feet of length without overwhelming you with more than you need — assuming, of course, that your backyard fits to this standard.
This hose is leak-free, kink-free, and hassle-free. The manufacturers are so confident in their product that they offer a 60-day money-back guarantee, no matter the reason. They also offer a 2-year warranty.
The hose package comes with a hanging bag, a storage hook, a spray nozzle with 9 settings, sealing rings, the hose, and the user manual. Unlike some other hoses on this list, it doesn’t have a garden hose holder.
This may be inconvenient for some people, but one reviewer solved the problem by storing his hose in a bucket. If you get creative, you might also be able to find the perfect storage setup. You’ll pay just $30, so it’s a bit less than other hoses.
We give this product 4.5 stars for dependability and strength, but some people may miss the hose holder.
The INAYAHOSE expandable garden hose is lightweight and durable. This 50-foot multipurpose hose is made with eco-friendly polyester and latex to give you ultimate flexibility with extreme durability built-in.
The included nozzle has 9 functions and is easy to use and switch between the settings, making it suitable for all your gardening and lawncare needs. INAYAHOSE provides a 60-day money-back guarantee for any reason, as well as a 1-year warranty on their product.
You’ll pay about $45 for this hose. This is more than other hoses on the list, but the INAYAHOSE promises to deliver amazing results. And if you’re not happy, you can always return it hassle-free.
We give this product 4 stars for durability, but it’s a bit more expensive than other hoses on the list.
The Hongmai hose guarantees a no-leak, no-break product which will vastly improve the quality of your gardening time. This hose includes an 8-function slip-resistant spray nozzle and brass connectors. Most users had no problems with the hose, but some claimed it was difficult to screw on to the source nozzle.
At around $15, it’s hard to beat this price. Especially when you consider the 1-year warranty on the product. However, keep in mind that this hose does not come with a storage rack or a bag, so you’re on your own when it comes time to put it away.
We give this product 4 stars for a great price, but it could be more convenient to use.
The Expandable Hose Buyers’ Guide
So, what exactly should you be looking for in an expandable hose? That depends on your own personal needs.
Before you buy, be sure to know how big your yard is. It won’t do any good to purchase a hose which is too small for your area. You’ll have endless headaches trying to reach far-away grass. You may even have a hose which functions perfectly, still, it may not suit your needs.
It also can’t be too large for your garden, as this will greatly cut down on convenience. However, if you are forced to choose, err on the larger side. That way you’ll be sure to get all your gardening done, even if it is less convenient.
What will you be using your hose for? Some hoses have more functions than others, like being able to handle heat or a higher water pressure. If you’re just planning on watering the lawn, you don’t want to spend the extra money for a specialized hose.
However, if you want to use your hose like a power-washer, it’s worth the investment in a hose which can do that.
Buy an Expandable Hose and Set Your Garden at Ease
Are you ready to relax when it comes to yardwork? Getting an expandable hose will make it so much easier.
Now that you know which ones are really worth it, you can get started on making your purchase today.
Last update on 2021-02-27 at 03:29 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API