Getting a quick and easy fix to the cleaning of dirt, dust, grime and tough, persistent stains is a dream come true for every individual out there. (Even the ones who are reading this) All of us want something that can help us clean faster with effective spotless results making it the perfect tool to help us manage all of that spring cleaning. (Yes! It does help you with that gigantic task we guarantee). Here you can read water pressure buying guide.
Well, it’s not an impossible dream anymore, you can make this sweet and once impossible dream come true by just getting yourself these super effective cleaners known as water pressure cleaners. They use the high pressure of water to be aimed at dust and dirt making all of it washed away just like that. (Science is a boon, we agree).
Whether the pressure cleaner uses hot or cold water, runs on electric or gas, is irrespective of the fact that these cleaners are guaranteed to provide the best results cutting down on your cleaning times and delivering near-perfect results. (Yes! It’s too good to be true) but each of these is used for different scale of jobs and tasks. Let’s see how they are differentiated according to the tasks they are used for.
Electric water pressure cleaners.
Electric pressure cleaners are perfect for cleaning of small areas for example cars, grills, etc. but they are not so effective when it comes to larger cleaning jobs. They are as expected less powerful than their gas-powered counterparts but are more handy and portable as well as more affordable. On top of all that, it also runs without making much noise as well as demands less maintenance than gas washers. Usually these are used when the machine is used in only one place such as in stationary applications like food production, car dealers, equipment cleaning etc. So, if you are using an electric washer, you need to stay near an outlet for obvious reasons. They run on 120 volts.[amazonjs asin=”B00CPGMUXW” locale=”US” title=”Sun Joe SPX3000 Pressure Joe 2030 PSI 1.76 GPM 14.5-Amp Electric Pressure Washer”]
The power delivery of a basic electric pressure washer is usually around 1200 PSI, but with bigger models, you can get a powerful jet up to 2700 PSI. Further, with the help of a fix-and-turn nozzle, the power delivery can be regulated to meet the desired purpose. As far as the mobility is concerned, with long extension cables, a large area can be covered without having to move from one socket to another.
Free Gardening Glove Gift!
We're giving Two Pairs of Gardening Gloves away for FREE to our subscribers!
Gas water pressure cleaners.
If you are searching for a bit more powerful cleaning, then this is the one for you. You will be amazed to hear that even the smallest of this type is more powerful than the largest of the electric washers. So, this strong type of washer is best suited to larger cleaning jobs such as cleaning of pavements, decks, house sidings, driveways etc. The only drawbacks are it being more expensive and noisier when operating but its super effective results make up for it. These are also portable unlike the electric units and can provide you with high pressure without being tied to an outlet. They run on 230 volts.[amazonjs asin=”B01N20PROC” locale=”US” title=”Karcher K1700 Electric Power Pressure Washer 1700 PSI TruPressure, 3-Year Warranty, Turbo Nozzle Included”]
A basic gas-powered pressure washer delivers a blast of 2800 PSI, whereas as the bigger ones can go on to deliver an insanely powerful jet of 4500 PSI, which is enough to cut through hard objects if used with zero degrees nozzle. However, with different nozzle settings, different pressure settings can be achieved to clean vehicles, outdoor furniture, external walls, moss build-up or any surface whatsoever,
Also, to break it down further, pressure cleaners using hot water instead of cold are much more efficient and remove even the toughest of grimes effortlessly. Let’s see the exact advantages of using this machine in detail. Shall we?
How to use a water pressure cleaner correctly.
Now, one of the most crucial things on our mind before we purchase any commodity is that how are we going to use it and whether we can use it easily or not. The same thought may cross your mind too before purchasing a pressure cleaner. Well, as long as you follow these simple steps and handle it correctly, you will have yourself a water cleaner that lasts for a long time.
- Let’s start with the correct safety gear and it’s of utmost importance that while using, you have protective eye gear and clothing such as rainwear and gloves. Also, if it’s one of those gas models that make a lot of noise, make sure that you have your ears protected. Make sure there are no children or pets within the 10-metre radius.
- The second important point to note is that you should clean from a general distance of 6” to 12”. Ensure to point the pressure cleaner away from yourself and other people as it can cause serious injuries. Turn off the pressure pump when you are not around and store it properly when not in use. Proper storage is important to prevent damage to the water hose and cables.
- Before using the new pressure cleaner directly on the surface that needs to be cleaned, demo use it on a stretch of concrete or any other durable material so as to get the idea about the power of the cleaner so that you don’t end up damaging the important surface.
- Last but not the least, if you are getting these water cleaners for commercial or your business places, then make sure you give your employees a proper tutorial on how to use these correctly and efficiently so as to get the maximum use out of it as well as ensure the safety of your employees.
Why should you get a water pressure cleaner?
- These washers have the science-gifted abilities to removes the toughest of grimes including oil and grease stains. So, if your cleaning surface has traces of both grease and grime, this is your ultimate life saver.
- They work effectively on anything from cleaning engines to removing paint from walls. Be it a house or an industrial are, it works its wonders on all.
- Perfect for using outdoors owing to its less noise as well as low amount of emissions and fumes.
- These durable pressure cleaners make your cleaning jobs a piece of cake with the minimalistic cost of maintenance and upkeep.
- They have a much faster and more hygienic method of cleaning. Gone are those days when you used to spend half a day trying to get grease and oil off surfaces with only unsatisfactory results. These cleaners do the job in half the time and what a job it does!
- Along with saving most of your time, you can let worries be gone knowing you have successfully killed 99% of germs.
- Also, its portability owes to its small size and its eco-friendly nature uses the minimum water, saving both the water resources and the environment.
How to choose the right water pressure cleaner?
When thinking of buying pressure cleaner, the most common query about it is that should the volume be considered or the pressure. The answer is both the factors are equally important when choosing this product. There has to be the perfect combination of both to have the ideal cleaner for your needs.
- Pressure alone with low volume will only result in tearing and damaging things with no coverage whatsoever. So a high GPM (gallons per minute) with a low PSI ( Pounds per square inch) will lead you nowhere as you need the volume to back things up or you’ll only get the surface cleaned in half the places.
- The correct amount of pressure will give you ability to penetrate enough through the surface dirt and the correct amount of volume will give you speed and move the dirt over a fairly large area. So, for large areas, make sure you have a pressure cleaner with a high GPM.
- There are different kinds of pressure cleaners having different GPM and PSI combinations catering to your different cleaning needs. For example:
- 2GPM and 1500 PSI- Suitable for auto detailing.
- 3-4 GPM and 2000 PSI- Light to medium duty washers suitable for cleaning of small equipment.
- 4-5 GPM and 3500-4000 PSI- These are suitable for heavy equipment cleaning as well as materials like concrete and activities like masonry.
Having said all of that and giving that many reasons, it’s obvious this is one of the best cleaning methods (read: Total game changer) making the cost of the machine super worth it delivering extremely pleasing results.
Also, to be honest, (and less picky), whether we use a gas one or an electric one, a hot water or cold one, these cleaners take complete care of our spring cleaning, whether at our house or in various commercial places. (It’s a cleaning revolution, we tell you) and you can proudly be a part of it. Also, you can thank us later for enlightening you about such a great cleaning machine.