Do-it-yourself home projects are the new thing nowadays. The beauty of DIY is that you can go as small or as big as you want. You can build a small cabinet for your bathroom or choose to remodel the whole room altogether. Of course, this depends on your budget and how much time you have on hand.
If you’ve already set your goals, the next thing to do is gather all the necessary materials. Depending on the size of the endeavor, it might even be a two-person job, so don’t be afraid to include a friend or significant other in your plan. Once all that is taken care of, you need to choose your equipment.
What To Wear For DIY Projects
Choosing the right outerwear and gear for your home DIY projects is essential if you want to work efficiently and not ruin your new clothes in the process. Furthermore, the right item can protect you from possible risks that are involved in heavier tasks such as woodworking or lifting. Here are five convenient wearables and the renovations to match them to.
5 Convenient Wearables
1. Old Boots For a Full Basement Remodel
- Our White Ledge Men's Hiking Boots have premium full-grain waterproof leather uppers, seam-sealed waterproof construction, and rustproof speed lace hardware with hooks at top for secure lacing.
- LOOK NO FURTHER for trail-ready performance and style. Our selection of men’s hiking boots, waterproof hiking boots, casual boots, and casual shoes is designed to fit in with your outdoor-ready ensembles.
- TIMBERLAND HAS YOU COVERED whether you're looking for men's boots, women's boots, or kids boots. For the best in hiking boots, rain boots, work boots, casual shoes & boots & more, choose Timberland.
- WHAT YOU NEED IN THE OUTDOORS: Timberland has the gear you need for all your outdoor adventures, including jackets and coats for outdoor activities, backpacks and luggage & outdoor accessories.
- Covered by the Timberland Limited Warranty. For complete terms, limitations, and instructions on how to make a warranty claim, please visit the Timberland website.
Pulling off a full bathroom remodel is one of the most complex tasks you could possibly assign to yourself. But it is also a very rewarding experience because you will be taking a hugely ignored space with untapped potential and turning it into a functional room. There are many options for it too.
The newest trend is to build a basement bathroom, but if that’s out of your reach, you can repurpose it into a recreation area or even a game room. Bring in some cool light fixtures and a pool table, and you’ve got yourself an amazing room for hanging out with friends or even throwing parties.
However, to do any of these, you will need to fix any underlying issues that your basement might have. For example, a lot of homeowners have reported the presence of an unpleasant sewer gas smell in that specific area of their house. This is usually caused by a clogged drain or faulty piping, so you need to fix it before you attempt to do anything else. If you want to find out more about how to do this, you can find additional info here.
And because things can get messy in this area of the house, a pair of old boots is perfect to have. The best kind would be waterproof fall and winter ones, but you can easily make do with whatever else you have on hand. Rainboots work as well, so don’t worry about having to spend anything extra on special wearables.
2. Cap or Sunhat For Garden Projects
- Sun Protection & Breathable - This gardening hats for women provides UPF 50+ UV protection from sun rays by covering your eyes, face and neck with neck flap and wide brim, helps you stay cool as you enjoy your outdoor activities in the sun
- Lightweight & Packable - The fishing hiking sun hat can be folded in half or roll up, easily carried everywhere you go. With a portable and lightweight design, you can easily fold this top up, and fit it into any purse, backpack, or carry bag
- Windproof & Water Repellent - The beach sun hat with an adjustable chin strap for fixing the sun hat, especially in windy days, Water repellent polyester material could prevent rainwater from seeping into your head
- Adjustable & Fits Well - 3 options, one designed for women with lovely bow knot straps and ponytail hole, head 20-23 inch, brim 4.9 inch; one designed for men and women, with elastic drawstring behind the camping hat, head 20-23 inch, brim 4 inch; one also designed for men and women, with face and neck flap, flaps are removable, head 22 -23 inch, brim 4 inch
- Widely Used & Partner Outdoors - The women men sun hat is a perfect hat for beach, pool, fishing, hiking, camping, travel,tourism, gardening, golf, tennis, picnicking at the park or any outdoor sports and activities
Do-it-yourself projects for the garden come in all shapes and sizes. A simple way to refresh this part of your property is to decorate it with LED lights or make solar lamps out of jars and bottles. Planting a small flower garden is also a good idea if you don’t already have one. Trees are also a lovely addition if you have the space for it and choose ones that enhance the space they occupy.
Nevertheless, you can also go the hard way and build your own gazebo from scratch. But whatever project you choose, attempt it when the weather is pleasant and sunny, especially if you’re going to do a lot of work outdoors. Low temperatures increase the risk of catching a nasty cold or even the flu, so make sure to protect yourself.
Still, warm weather isn’t without its risks. To stay protected out there in the sun, you must wear a cap or a sunhat and use sunscreen as well. It doesn’t have to be anything fancy, no one’s going to judge your fashion sense in your own home. Just make sure to have one on at all times. As for the sunscreen, go SPF 30 or more just to be safe.
3. Sweatpants And Tank Top For An Extensive Paintjob
- Lightweight cotton jersey knit fabric, just as soft and comfortable as your favorite tee. (Greys are a cotton-rich blend.)
- Internal quickcord for adjustability.
- Side pockets to stow keys and tech.
- Made with U.S. grown cotton which require 2-5 times less water.
- 32.5-inch inseam.
Repainting the outside of your house together with the boundary fence is one of the most extensive projects you can ever take up. You need to choose the right color and get your materials ready.
Remember to reserve at least a few days for this entire endeavor, because there will be a lot of painting that needs to get done. Don’t do it in a hurry, because it will show in each brushstroke.
Naturally, you wouldn’t want to ruin any clothes you might still want to wear in the process. Therefore, you need to find your oldest and most worn-out pair of sweatpants and pair them with a tank top. Not only is this very comfortable, but if they get ruined in the process you can just throw them away without any regrets.
4. Gloves For Heavy Lifting
- SHRINK RESISTANT: These work gloves are made with synthetic leather, providing toughness, and helps to resist shrinking/hardening. Excellent for outdoor jobs where gloves may become wet.
- SNAG PROOF: Concealed inner stitching prevents these heavy duty work gloves from snagging on wood or metal.
- STAYS ON: Wing closing strap prevents work gloves from slipping off when they become wet from weather or sweat.
- FLEXIBLE: With stretchable spandex, and Lycra side panels for improved dexterity, these work safety gloves will enable you to do the job without restraint.
- MOBILE FRIENDLY: Reinforced finger tips, with 3 touch screen finger tips, making mobile device use easy
Reorganizing the furniture in your living space is an incredibly simple way to change the appearance of your entire house. And the best part about it is that it’s practically free. You don’t need to invest in any extra materials to do this, which is great news if you want to rejuvenate your rooms on a budget.
Nonetheless, this project isn’t without its challenges. There will be a lot of heavy lifting involved, so get your strength up and ask someone to help you when you need it. On top of that, your hands will require an extra layer of protection, so a thick pair of gloves is ideal in this situation.
5. Glasses For Woodworking
- DEWALT tough Coat hard coated lens provides tough protection against scratches
- DEWALT Xtra clear anti-fog lens coating provides tough protection against fogging
- Soft, dual injected rubber conforms to the face to provide a high level protection from dust and debris
- Adjustable, elastic cloth head strap provides a comfortable fit
- Ventilation channels allow breathability and added protection against fogging
You don’t have to be a master woodworker to build a few original pieces of furniture for your home and garden. However, you will need to hammer in some nails and install a few potential moving parts, depending on the complexity of our project. You can also go the super-easy way and simply glue together some stuff, but the harder the task is, the more fun you’ll have, trust us.
Building shelves and cabinets is a simple project which will help you organize your home better and declutter your living space. These come in handy anywhere: in the bathroom, in the bedroom and even in the basement after you’ve successfully repurposed it.
But this is also the most dangerous task on the list, so you need to take extra precautions for yourself. The biggest risk you are faced with in this situation is being injured by a loose splinter. This is why you need to protect your eyes first and foremost. You don’t need to go all out and buy special goggles. A pair of old glasses will do nicely.
Remodeling and renovating your home with your own two hands is a very satisfying endeavor that gives your entire living space a brand-new look and feel. While DIY might seem complicated at first, there are various project options out there with different degrees of intensity. In addition, you can find the perfect one to suit your needs, your budget and your available free time.
But if you take up this responsibility, make sure to equip yourself properly. Given the nature of these activities, you won’t need high-tech worker gear or anything. Just make sure that you are protected according to what you’re doing and the environmental and weather conditions you are doing it in.