You just moved into your new home. It’s a small property but has all the facilities you and your family could ever need. There was nothing much to change about the space except for the LED lights installed in each room of the house. The ones in the house where broken and need to be replaced as soon as possible. And while you can immediately pick LED lights from the nearest hardware store, you want to be careful about your decision. You want your LED lights to be apt for your home’s needs while being energy-efficient. To help you select the right LED lights for your home, consider these tips:
LED lights for your bedroom:[amazonjs asin=”B00YC44UEM” locale=”US” title=”Goodia 19.7 ft 30 LED Rattan Ball String Lights for Outdoor, Bedroom, Patio, Lawn, Landscape, Fairy Garden, Home, Wedding, Holiday, Christmas Tree, Halloween, Party”]
In your bedroom, you would always want the ambiance to be relaxed, calm and peaceful – how else can you get a good night’s sleep, right?
- You should avoid blue light waves in your bedroom so your body’s circadian rhythm won’t confuse the light in your bedroom with the natural light outside. When this happens, your brain will produce more melatonin which is a key ingredient to get a comfortable sleep.
- If you love reading at night, opt to purchase a reading lamp which has neutral or soft blue tones since the cool-white color creates a high contrast with the book’s pages. This will allow you to read easier without disrupting the production of melatonin of your body.
LED lights for home office use:[amazonjs asin=”B07BBHQQT3″ locale=”US” title=”4ft 4000 Lumens Linkable LED Shop Lights for Garage, LED Garage Shop Light Wraparound Flush Mount Ceiling Light,40W 5000K ETL and DLC Certified,LED Wrap Light for Workshop Basemet School Office(6pack)”]
Most homes now have workspace areas. This is where you or other family members will do several tasks which can include doing DIY projects or completing assignments from school or work. And for you to accomplish any of these tasks, you should carefully choose the right LED lights.
- Unlike your bedroom, you want the LED lights in your home office to make you feel awake – and picking cool-white lights for this space can do just that. This kind of light mimics daylight which will increase your body’s serotonin production. This is the hormone responsible for making you feel focused and energized.
- Place your lights in an area that won’t create glares on your computer screen. Seeing glares all over your screen can distract you from completing any tasks.
- You can also use LED desk lamps if you’re used to late work at night. Most LED desk lamps have the ability to change color temperature when needed. This means that you can still work in the wee hours of the morning without disturbing people who are in the nearby rooms.
LED light for your living room:[amazonjs asin=”B06Y262JRH” locale=”US” title=”NetBoat LED Color Changing Light Bulb Dimmable 3W,E26/E27 RGB LED Light Bulbs Mood Ambiance LED Bulb with IR Remote Control for Living Room Dinning Room Decoration Bar Party KTV Mood Lighting,4 Pack”]
The living room is a place where you welcome guests or just sit back and relax. Regardless if you’re watching a movie or catching up with friends, your living room should have the right mix of different light sources so the area can adapt to whatever event happening.
- Similar to your bedroom, you should avoid blue-light emitting lights that can give you energy. Most of the time, you want to relax in your living area and not worry about anything.
- It’s better to use adjustable spotlight lamps in your living area so you’ll have the option to either highlight the artworks on the walls or simply reduce the glare on the TV. You can also eliminate unwanted shadows when your spotlight lamps are positioned right.
- LED spots are very good options to be used in your living area. This can give you the right amount of dim light which will still allow you to read a good book and eat.
The Bottom Line
For sure, you’ve heard how the sunlight can give you energy, but you should know that light bulbs also work the same way. This is the reason why you should be keen on what kind of LED light you place in each room of your home. You don’t want to use LED lights in your bedroom which can make you feel awake because, in the first place, your bedroom is used for sleeping. Similar, you don’t want to use LED lights that can make you feel drowsy in your home office space. Yes, there’s a lot to think about when choosing the right LED lights, but when you know what to do, this task will come off easier. Use this article as a reference to ensure that every LED light in your home is placed based on the room’s needs.
Free Gardening Glove Gift!
We're giving Two Pairs of Gardening Gloves away for FREE to our subscribers!
Henry Henshaw is a contributor for ledinbouwspotsleds.nl, and aims to use his experience and passion for writing to create pieces that aren’t just informative, but creative and entertaining as well. He uses his penchant to write blogs on technology to create pieces that can help aid readers, be it a casual reader, a certified tinkerer, or even professionals alike.